Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Thursday 30 August 2007

So close!

I keep remembering a near-accident that I witnessed last week. I was making my way to the bus-stop, after leaving a friend's house, and was waiting to cross a very busy road. Suddenly, out of nowhere, appeared a tiny tot - who just took off over the road! A car missed her by a fraction.

I don't know why I keep remembering this - probably because it gave me such a fright! I think of the little girl and wonder if she will now always be scared of busy roads. I think of her Mum and wonder how she feels every time they have to cross roads. And I think of the driver - what a fright he must have had - and I wonder if he now drives a lot slower.

How fragile we are. In our lives there is always potential for unexpected, sudden change. I try really hard to remember this - to sieze each moment and make it count - to be thankful for all that I have..........

No comments: