Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Saturday 25 August 2007

Shocked and sad

I'm feeling shocked. Is anyone else feeling the same?

On August 12, Gerry Tobin was shot and killed on the M40. Then, on August 22, young Rhys Jones was shot and killed in Croxteth, Merseyside. Today, I read that two people were seriously injured following a street-shooting in Letchworth on the morning of 23 August and, I believe last night, two doormen were shot and injured outside a club in Liverpool. Sadly, the violence continues - today I read that, in Sunderland, a man with learning difficulties has died following a 'savage and prolonged attack by a gang of five youths'.

What is going on? Is violence on the increase - this cannot, surely, be a normal level? What can be done to halt the violence? What can be done to comfort the family and friends of those who have been killed or injured? What can be done to save those who are being influenced, by peer pressure, into the gang culture?

It is all so very sad............. Like many others, I pray for all those whose lives have been touched by the violence of the last few weeks.

2 comments:

lynn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and I have enjoyed visiting yours.

I share your thoughts and prayers very much on the terrible tragedies unfolding in Britain just now.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lynn - it's good to know that there are lots of us praying - it's difficult to know what else we can do....