Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Tuesday 21 August 2007

Family News

Our slightly elderly cat, Tasha, has not been herself recently. She appeared one day with a badly bleeding ear, so it was necessary to make a visit to the Vet where an expensive blood test proved that she was 100% fine! A day or so later she was off-colour - lay on the sofa all day, not eating or drinking and for the world appeared to have a terrible cold. She is almost better now - just in time to return to the Vet for her annual booster and check-up. Where's my cheque book? Groaning in a corner!



I visit our daughter and grandson one day each week. When I was there last Friday, Catriona was working upstairs while I amused Iain Joseph. At one point she flew into the room, grabbed her camera and galloped up the stairs. When she reappeared, she had a photo of a small bird of prey which had killed something on her lawn! We would love to know what this bird could be? It was quite small - much smaller than a Kestrel.



Tonight I attended my husband's graduation - he recently passed his SVQ level 3. The graduation was a nice occasion, held in a nice hotel - the weather was good, there was a very pretty garden with a pipe band playing Highland Cathedral, and everyone all dressed up! One of Joe's friends and I cheered him on as he took to the stage to receive his certificate. I'm sure it all passed really quickly for him, but I have the photos to remind him, and a framed copy will go beside the photos of our two daughters at their graduations!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still trying to imagine what a cat who is "off-colour" looks like!!

Hope she is doing better now!

Congrats to Joe!

Sheena C said...

Perhaps "off-colour" is not the best phrase to use to describe an unwell cat - maybe she was looking 'pawly'? (Sorry!)

Update is that she seems much better thanks - eating well and getting under my feet as usual!

will pass Congrats to Joe!!

Anonymous said...

Was the bird by any chance a golden eagle? Quite majestic they are, and fairly common around Clackmannanshire, I believe!!!

Well done to Joe, looking dashing as ever!

Sheena C said...

Although I am aware of how common the golden eagle is in Clackmannanshire, I feel quite sure that this bird was too small to be an eagle - unless, of course, it was very young.... !!

I have passed on your greeting to 'dashing Joe'!