Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Friday 21 March 2008

HAPPY EASTER!

I'll not be blogging for a few days as Joe and I are going to Kilcreggan House, along with lots of others from our Church, for the Easter weekend. I'm sure it is going to be very special.
I wish you a happy time over the Easter holiday!

Sunday Morning

I couldn’t sleep last night,
Or the two nights before,
Nothing is right,
I can’t take any more.

Friday was awful,
The worst day ever,
Dark and dreadful,
And filled with terror.

I saw no-one yesterday,
I sat and thought and cried,
I feel lost without my friend,
And wish it was me who died.

I wish it was Thursday again,
And we were eating supper in the room,
Instead I hide in this damp morning mist,
Watching women walk towards the tomb.


Sheena Conroy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheena you really capture the
atmosphere and deep sadness
in your Easter poem. I want
to intrude and say.... 0h just
wait, wait to you hear the news
- the best in the world, coming
from the graveyard. Hallelujah!