Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Friday 7 March 2008

Computers!!!!!

I know I haven't blogged for ages, but there is good reason! Quite apart from being terribly busy, my computer has been totally unreliable.

It starts off fine, then I go away to have a meal or answer the 'phone or whatever and when I return, the screen is blank and nothing will bring it back. Only option is to switch the whole thing off. However, this leads to a process that can take anything up to 2 hours!

When I switch the computer on again it may, or may not, still have a blank screen - only alternative is to switch it off again. This switching on and off can need to be carried out any number of times. When eventually somethings shows on the screen, it is only the wallpaper, with no icons. Again totally useless, so I have to switch the computer off again. This sometimes leads back to the blank screen scenario............

After many attempts, success! A screen displaying icons! However, no connection to the Internet! Or, by way of a change, the keyboard is not working - so, everything is in place but it is not possible to key-in anything. A variation on this is the mouse not working.

Now, when everything is working, I'm reluctant to leave the computer at all because it may revert to the dreaded blank screen - and the whole process begins again! So, if I don't blog again in the near-future, you know why!

Image

No comments: