Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Sunday 14 October 2007

Grateful

Hurrah!! Our new heating is installed, but we are still cleaning, clearing and dealing with the teething problems. I've been a little grumpy because I find this kind of upheaval increasingly difficult to cope with, even with Catriona and Joe helping with the big clean-up.

My grumpiness increased today. When Joe and I returned from Church we found that the fridge-freezer was not working!!! We contacted a number of friends to see if they could offer our frozen food a 'foster home' but, unfortunately, they all had freezers that were already packed full of food, so did not have room to accommodate all ours. Never mind I thought, it's not the end of the world.

Then I really got thinking...... How very fortunate we are to have freezers packed full of food -and, no doubt, full fridges and cupboards too. There must be so many people who are not in such a comfortable situation and I'm ashamed that I am not more grateful about my own situation.............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had loads of room in my freezer! Andy is always hungry too - so would help appease his appetite while you and Joe are getting all this work done!!

Anonymous said...

Didn't phone you Stuart, what with you just having returned home from your business trip and all, thought that you had more than enough to deal with. And you were the one with space in your freezer! Ain't that just like life!

Anyway, good bit is that Joe gave the fridgefreezer a good shove and a good talking to, and it's working at the moment. However, should it stop again, we know where to bring the food!