Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Saturday 8 June 2013

It's Good To Share!



I spent yesterday afternoon in the company of four friends whom I haven’t seen for a while.  We all worked together some years ago and have kept in touch.  It was a glorious afternoon weather-wise, I was collected and driven home by our host, the food was fantastic, and our host and hostess’s home was full of chatting women, playing children and an exuberant boxer dog.  The hospitality was wonderful! 

As folk who know me are aware, life for me and my wee family is full of challenge at the moment, and I was so grateful to be able to share some of this with my friends.  However, as each one of us shared our news, I realised that we all have current family-centred challenges, worries and difficulties. 

Unfortunately, no-one is immune from the challenges of life, so it is sometimes good to be given a wee shake to enable us to see beyond our own situation.  Without diminishing my family’s current difficulties, I have been reminded that we are not the only ones dealing with life’s ups and downs.  I also feel a bit humbled, which is no bad thing.

I am also reminded of what a relief it is to be able to share openly with friends – and to have friends with whom one can do this.  So here’s to friendship!

No comments: