Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Saturday 12 January 2008

Heros

As a wee bit of fun, have been doing some of those "which character are you?" quizzes. Got me thinking. Although I would love to be one of the amazing fictional characters (although maybe only for a wee while!) there are also some real people that I would like to emulate.

Elizabeth Barratt-Browning - for her poetry; Fi Glover or Sandi Toksvig - for their use of language and quick wit; Judith Chalmers - just to visit all the countries that she has!!; Jane Austen - oh to be able to write like that!; Jackie Pullinger - what an amazing woman with an amazing relationship with God! And, from the Bible - Joshua!

So. Who you would like to be? Especially which Bible character?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apart from the obvious one????

Sheena C said...

Yeah - apart from the obvious one!

Anonymous said...

OK, leaving aside that one then (!)...Bible-wise, Ruth. Non- Bible-wise, whoever Mrs George Clooney is!!!!

Sheena C said...

I love your answers - one for one sort of reason, and the other for a reason entirely different! :-)

AnneDroid said...

Sheena, since I've got Esther on the brain at the moment I'll go for her. "If I die, I die" she said, as she faced up to standing up for God. I'm not very likely to die for my faith yet I'm still a big scaredy cat! She really made a difference too, and I'd like to. HOWEVER, the only problem with being Esther is that she had to go through 12 months of beauty treatments before she could enter her husband's presence. That would be such a nuisance, I think!
Outwith the Bible, if I couldn't be Mr Darcy, I'd fancy being Mary Poppins so I could do that thing whereby the room just tidies itself up by magic!
Ax

AnneDroid said...

Oops - meant Mrs, not Mr Darcy! Ax

Sheena C said...

Hello A - welcome! Love your choices too! However, I did a bit of a double-take when I read 'Mr Darcy' - because I couldn't see an Esther suddenly wishing to be a Mr Darcy! However, your PS cleared that up! :-)